EVERETT UNIT 437 BOARD MEETING OF 4/01/12
The meeting was called to order by President JoAnn Smith at 3pm.
Present were JoAnn Smith, Marla Patterson, Ernie Staudt, and Sharon Erwin.
This was the post-sectional party/meeting held at Ernie's house. The primary purpose is to get down any issues from the sectional.
Overall, the tournament was a great success. Everyone loved the gym venue at EvCC. The great space and overwhelming helpfulness of the gym staff made the tournament a joy to put on. Ernie will make a financial report when all bills are paid. Tentative profit looks to be between $700-900.
The good points to remember:
1. Good signage to find the venue.
2. Very helpful staff at the college.
3. BridgeMates and duplicating machine well worth the rental cost.
Additional points for reminders for next year:
1. Remember to put FREE PARKING on the flyer to eliminate confusion for the players.
2. Need to schedule Swiss so that dinner hour is a bit more convenient--probably not a problem if we have our regular three day schedule.
3. Still need 2 caddies for Sunday--maybe 3 if we run a separate 199 game.
4. Try to work out to have at least two partnership standbys--they play free if paired off and receive a free play at the club, if they are not needed (per session).
One additional concern involved security of the tournament cash. Ernie noted that it was left lying in a box in the open and he did not see anyone around. I talked to Matt about this issue. He said he was there, but he was at the back of the room with the 199ers, whose section was time differently than the open. He agreed that he should have done a better job of making the cash secure. As a note, if ANY board observes the cash unattended, please pick it up and convey it to the TD or tournament chair. Thanks.
Meeting adjourned at 3:45 PM