EVERETT UNIT 437 BOARD MEETING OF 3/6/13
The meeting was called to order by President JoAnn Smith at 6:45 pm. Present were JoAnn Smith, Marla Patterson, Ernie Staudt, Al Walker and Donna Bailey. Minutes were not reviewed as the secretary has temporarily lost her notebook with all the information.
1. Authorized Ernie to cash out the CDs, even with penalties. Combine one into $10,000 and put the rest of the money into the checking account to pay bills.
1. Reviewed Marla and Sharon's "To Do" lists.
2. Put out the signup sheet for setup and tear down.
3. Authorized Sharon to spend $200 on complimentary snacks to be put out Friday afternoon and evening and Saturday evening--more sessions if the budget buys enough.
4. Ernie to get the final check to Medallion by the 15th. Marla is out of town--help him remember!
Next meeting post sectional.
Meeting adjourned at 7:15pm.
EVERETT UNIT 437 BOARD MEETING OF 3/24/13
The meeting was called to order by President JoAnn Smith at 8:15 pm. Present were JoAnn Smith, Marla Patterson, Ernie Staudt, Sharon Erwin, Nick Tipton and Roger Putnam. No minutes reviewed.
Roger presented the financial report for the Sectional. Copies are with the Chairman, the Treasurer and the Club Manager if anyone wants to wade through them. Cash coming to us after the ACBL bill will be $5335.80. With our $1400 coffee bill, Marla estimates that we will be $1500 in the hole on this tournament. Everyone loved the site, so better negotiations about the food and drink will be pursued.
We had multiple problems with the computer, printer, and BridgeMates, which did not work at all on Sat. Sharon will talk to John. This is a first time issue, so immediate solution is apparent. Will check with the next directors when the time comes.
Suggested and approved to change the strats for Sunday's BCD Swiss. The new ranges will be 0-300, 300-750, and 750-2000. This will better spread the field and reflects the current bridge levels in our area.
Caddies did a great job; but, once again, they are teenagers and do not generally take initiative to do things, so we all must work to see that they are kept usefully busy and earning their pay.
Next meeting TBD.
Meeting adjourned at 9:15pm.