EVERETT UNIT 437 BOARD MEETING OF 10/28/13
The meeting was called to order by President JoAnn Smith at 4:15 pm. Present were JoAnn Smith, Marla Patterson, Ernie Staudt, Al Walker, and Sharon Erwin. Minutes of previous meeting have been posted; no corrections noted.
1. Date and time settled. Savior Hall, 12810 35th Ave SE, Everett, WA 98208 on 21-23 March 2014.
2. We will be able to do our own refreshments.
3. Director to be announced.
4. Flyers are printing and will be distributed soon.
1. CHEF: Ernie hired the former chef from the Everett Golf and CC--$100 to cook and he will buy the meat that we will pay for. Ernie will provide pick-up, delivery and carving services.
2. Hall reserved from 1200-2100 on 15 DEC. Sharon will get a signup sheet out and flyers.
3. Ernie has the leftover liquor and will check with Jack about additional.
4. Jeannette will make some chicken breasts so that there is an alternative to those who don't eat red meat.
5. We have decided to go with disposable/reusable plastic plates this year. Joanne will pick up a sample from Office Depot. Ernie also presented an alternative available at the dollar store.
6. Need to emphasize the need for side dishes, versus appetizers and desserts and the need for a clean-up crew--although we feel people have been very helpful in the past couple years.
PICNIC: Deposit received back. Joanne and Ernie finally found the check and it has been deposited.
1. Please emphasize "DIRECTOR, PLEASE" when they need to be called. Assure new people that it is for their protection not a personal slam. Call at ANY irregularity WHEN it happens--it is for the good of the game.
2. ANY behavior issues should be addressed immediately when they occur. If you don't feel comfortable confronting the person--even by calling the director--then PLEASE speak to the director or the club manager in privacy--AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. We cannot address a problem if we are not aware it is occurring and we cannot take disciplinary actions if problems are not documented.
3. It is EVERYONE'S responsibility to keep the game moving, follow the rules and make the session enjoyable for all, regardless of skill level.
Meeting adjourned at 4:35 pm.
ADDENDUM: REPORT OF THE DISCIPLINARY COMMITTEE: Member suspended for two months from Club play and placed on 1year probation for repeated violations of the Zero Tolerance Policy.