EVERETT UNIT 437 BOARD MEETING OF 7/1/2015
The meeting was called to order by President Ron Tracy at 6:35 pm. Present were JoAnn Smith, Marla Patterson, Ron Tracy, Turid Fredrickson, Carol Proctor, Joe Ulrich and Sharon Erwin.
1. Card fees were again discussed and it was decided to raise the fee to $7.00 per session, effective 01 August 2015.
2. Team game will now try to be played with premade boards to level the playing field. First night is tonight. (Note: it went well for a first try) Hopefully, this will level the playing field and eliminate some of the vagaries of shuffled cards.
3. Ron would still like to start a lecture series for the players. We need to establish interest, level and frequency. It would probably best to start with once a month. I suggested the first Wednesday, as the team game attracts more players. Sharon will send out an email to check for interest.
4. Donations: we again approved $200 each to Assistance League of Everett, Cocoon House, and Habitat for Humanity of Snohomish County. These will be made in OCT. At the end of the year, we can decide if further donations are to be made.
5. Mentoring: we would like to start a mentoring program to allow less experienced players to play and/or get advice from more experienced players. Players should keep their hand records and mark particular deals that gave them a problem. We will try to establish a list of those willing to be consulted--maybe arriving by 7 pm to make time for questions.
6. Rules: again will try to give brief overview of rules--the club is where people should learn these--especially regarding break in tempo, fiddling with bidding boxes, etc.
7. Discussed free plays for Larry and Lorne. The board is OK with continuing that perk for their long years of service to the club.
8. Christmas party contract with the Columbia Club Hall in Everett has been signed for 13 DEC.
9. Too late to plan a picnic for this year--maybe will discuss it again for next--people like the individual game format that usually took place then.
Meeting adjourned at 7:10 pm. Next meeting TBD